The Department of Housing Rental Properties Program provides low cost rental housing for Native American families. The Residential Community Rental Housing Program consists of five rental properties located in Okmulgee, Okemah, Checotah, Eufaula, Coweta and an Elderly Housing Addition also located in Okmulgee. The Department of Housing manages over 300 living units with each of the four main rental locations having approximately 75 units (duplexes).
• Have an Annual Income, which does not exceed the applicable income limits except as exempted for Police Officers. Income Guidelines
• Be 18 years of age or older or be 17 years old and married, or emancipated.
• Provide all requested information, including Social Security numbers and evidence of citizenship or eligible immigration status for all members of the household plus employer identification numbers for each working family member on the required forms.
• Sign all required forms including the consent for disclosure of information.
In selecting families, it shall be the policy of the Department of Housing to make resident selections as outlined below:
• Eligible Tribal Creek Citizens who are involuntarily displaced by government action or natural disaster, or by fire (does not include arson by the home buyer or criminal act.)
• Elderly (62 and over), and Creek Tribal Citizen.
• Eligible large families, elderly families, near elderly families, and a family with disabilities that are Creek Tribal Citizens.
• All other Creek Citizens.
• All other federally recognized enrolled Indian tribal members.
• Total tenant payment assessed each Lessee Family shall be an amount based on their adjusted income by 15%.
BACK TO TOP